Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne’s credit cards “maxed out” by fraudster

As reported by NME, Sharon Osbourne has revealed that her and Ozzy Osbourne‘s credits were recently “maxed out” by a fraudster.

Original Article: https://www.nme.com/news/music/ozzy-and-sharon-osbournes-credit-cards-maxed-out-by-fraudster-2803305

Appearing on her U.S. chat show, The Talk, Sharon explained how she was first made aware of the crime when attempting to buy a birthday present for daughter Kelly.

“It’s my Kelly’s birthday today, I went out last night to pick up her gift,” Sharon explained.

“I give my credit card and they come back and say, ‘Do you have another credit card? It didn’t go through.’ I say, ‘Just try it again’… still didn’t go through…. I hand them Ozzy’s.”

She added: “Then, they come back and go, ‘Do you have another one? It didn’t go through.’ Someone rang up charges and maxed out Ozzy’s card and my card. I called through to the credit card company and they go, ‘No, no, no, you’re maxed out, so is Ozzy.’ I’m like, ‘I don’t go to that store, or to that store.’”

When asked if it was fraud, Sharon confirmed the crime, before adding that all of the fraudulent transactions on her card are currently being processed.

This comes after Ozzy recently announced details of his rescheduled farewell tour.

The gigs in question, which were originally announced back in September 2018, have already been postponed a number of times due to Osbourne’s ill health and, more recently, the coronavirus pandemic.

After his wife Sharon confirmed last week that the live dates — which had most recently been pencilled in for this month — would be moving to 2022, Osbourne himself has announced today (October 22) that the UK and European legs of the ‘No More Tours 2’ tour will now kick off in January 2022.

The official video for AC/DC’s ‘Shot In The Dark’ has arrived

As reported by NME, AC/DC have revealed the official video for their comeback single ‘Shot In The Dark’.

Original Article: https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-official-video-for-ac-dcs-shot-in-the-dark-has-arrived-2798808

The first single from the re-united band’s much anticipated seventeenth album ‘Power Up’ arrived at the beginning of this month. ‘Shot In The Dark’ is the rock veterans’ first new material since 2014’s ‘Rock Or Bust’ LP.

You can take a look at the visuals, which features the band performing live and were shot by longtime AC/DC video director David Mallet.

Describing ‘Shot In The Dark’, guitarist Angus Young told NME: “It’s a strong single from a powerful rock album. You’ll be able to hear it and know straight away that it’s AC/DC. That’s what we’ve always strived for.”

The Australian rock veterans’s new album is out on November 13. It sees frontman Brian Johnson returning to the group after Axl Rose’s stint as singer, with drummer Phil Rudd and bassist Cliff Williams also returning to the fold.

Last week, meanwhile, AC/DC shared a new online program which allows users to display their initials in the style of the band’s iconic lightning bolt logo.

Angus Young has also confirmed that the album does not feature contributions from his brother and the band’s original rhythm guitarist Malcolm, who died in 2017, despite it featuring a number of his “ideas”.

Young said: “I know a lot of people have been saying: did Malcolm actually play, is it his instrument on the new album? I chose not to do that because I felt Malcolm himself wouldn’t like me trying to splice his guitar work.”

Watch Royal Blood’s dark and dangerous new video for ‘Trouble’s Coming’

As reported by NME, Royal Blood have shared a new video for their comeback single ‘Trouble’s Coming’ – watch it below.

Original Article: https://www.nme.com/news/music/watch-royal-blood-dark-dangerous-new-video-troubles-coming-2796224

The band made their return last month, sharing their first new material since 2017 album ‘How Did We Get So Dark?’.

The new video, directed by Dir. Lx, sees the band in dark and stormy landscapes, with Mike Kerr emerging bloodied up on the other side.

Watch Royal Blood’s new ‘Trouble’s Coming’ video below.

Following the release of the new track, the band’s Mike Kerr spoke to NME about the Brighton duo’s return and their upcoming third album.

“We realised that this much dancier sound really leant itself to the kind of music we were already making,” Kerr said. “We found this through-line between classic rock, dance music and disco music where, to me, some of the best fretting ever is AC/DC. They always play over this straight beat. It’s just like a heartbeat through the songs that never stops. Then these riffs just cut over the top.

“All we had to do was speed it up and it gave us this new approach to what we did. It felt like we were seeing in colour for the first time.”

Discussing their next album, Kerr added: “All the tracks on this record have their own personality. This encapsulates the change and progression that we’ve made as a band and as people. We’re aware that we’ve been away for a long time, and we didn’t want to come back with something that we’d done before. This shows a maturity on every level.

“This record wasn’t just the next 10 songs that we wrote about the last album. We wrote an insane amount of music after coming off tour. To us this is like our sixth record, but it’s officially being released as our third!”

Earlier this summer, Royal Blood shared their support for the global Black Lives Matter movement, which gained pace following the death of George Floyd.

“We have been described as ‘two guys making a lot of noise’ for nearly 6 years now, but the truth is we are two white males, adopting and basking in an entire genre of music that was created by black culture and black musicians,” the duo wrote, encouraging fans to educate themselves on social injustices.

Jack White buys £3,000 guitar for busker after his instrument was smashed up on street

Jack White has bought a £3,600 guitar for a busker in Edinburgh after his own instrument was smashed up by a woman on the street.

The singer’s management contacted busker Matt Grant after hearing about the incident, which occurred on Edinburgh’s Princes Street on Tuesday (October 20).

The musician was busking in the Scottish capital when a 45-year-old woman began shouting in his face, before smashing his £300 acoustic guitar on the ground.

A GoFundMe page set up by Grant to buy a replacement guitar went on to raise a staggering £4,000 before White stepped in with the generous gesture.

White is said to have spotted Grant’s fundraising page and “felt bad” about the incident.

Recalling the moment he found out about White’s generosity, Grant said he had gone to Edinburgh’s Guitar Guitar to purchase a replacement instrument.

“It’s just amazing. I was in the guitar shop and the manager had been trying to get hold of me all day on the Go Fund Me page, but I had closed it as I already had more than enough donations in,” he told MailOnline.

“He said: ‘Jack saw what happened bud, and he wants to get you a guitar.’ I said I already had one now because I had been in and bought my new acoustic one and he said: ‘Keep that one and get another one. Jack really wants to help”.

He added: “I was like a kid in a sweetie shop, going around trying out all the guitars until I picked the one I wanted.”

Grant eventually picked a Fender Stratocaster, and said he plans to email White to say thank you after discovering that White does not have a phone.

Sharing a photo of his new guitar on Instagram, he wrote: “Absolute once in a million lifetimes thing happened today and I cannot thank Jack enough for his absolute generosity.

“Apparently he saw what happened and hit up his manager just this morning, who then amazingly tracked me down to the guitar shop just in time for me to walk out with this absolute beauty. Thanks Jack. I’d love to thank you personally one day, you’re a legend.”

A 45-year-old woman has been arrested in connection with the original incident.

Paul McCartney drops major hints that ‘McCartney III’ is on the way

Paul McCartney has hinted that he is gearing up to release ‘McCartney III’, completing a trilogy of self-titled albums that he started recording before The Beatles split up.

Original Article: https://www.nme.com/news/music/paul-mccartney-drops-major-hints-that-mccartney-iii-is-on-the-way-2792214

The music icon released ‘McCartney’ in 1970 before following it a decade later with 1980’s ‘McCartney II’. Both albums were recorded at home and featured additional vocals from his late wife Linda.

McCartney fans have started to receive hints that a third release is on the way after a series of surprise animations began to appear on Spotify.

When users play songs from ‘McCartney’ and ‘McCartney II’ on the Spotify mobile app, they are greeted with an animation of a dice thrown onto the images of the album covers, with three dots facing upwards.

Over on Reddit, McCartney’s fans also claim to have received a bag printed with his name and containing three dice.

The singer’s social media accounts have now begun teasing the release too, sharing a series of images which were accompanied by three dice emojis.

While specific details on the release are yet to emerge, online zine GodIsInTheTV claims that McCartney recorded the album in lockdown, which would be in keeping with the DIY, homespun aesthetic he utilised on the previous two records.

Speaking to GQ earlier this year, McCartney also confirmed that he had been recording during lockdown.

“I’ve been able to write and get into music, starting songs, finishing songs. I’ve had a few little things to write and it’s given me the time to finish some songs that I hadn’t found the time to get around to,” he said.

It’s also claimed that the domain name mccartneyiii.com was registered in August by CSC Corporate Domains, the company that previously registered paulmccartney.com and flaming-pie.com (for the reissue of Paul’s 1997 album earlier this year).

When visiting the site, fans are met with a ‘303 error notice’ – a cryptic and rather telling spin on the usual 404 error.

As for a release date, it’s rumoured that the record will arrive on December 11. NME has contacted Paul McCartney’s representatives for comment.

If the reports are proven to be true, the release will be the follow-up to 2018’s ‘Egypt Station‘ – which marked McCartney’s 17th post-Beatles album,.

In a four-star review of the record, NME wrote: “McCartney’s always been about inclusivity and openness, but this latest glimpse into his life feels like a particularly enlightening one.”

Guitar God Tod Almond releases highly anticipated album ‘If Only You Could See’

The wait is finally over, Tod Almond’s much anticipated album ‘If Only You Could See’ was released just yesterday (October 2nd) and is now available for you to listen on Soundcloud and Spotify.

Sticking to the mantra of “do what makes you happy!”, Tod is doing just that by working as a guitar teacher by day and then showing his own skills onstage by night. He stuck to his word when leaving his band after several frustrating experiences, choosing instead to follow his own path as a solo artist and develop himself into a versatile one-man band.

‘If Only You Could See’ is a collection of tracks exploring Tod’s emotional journey through life and acts as a testament to his children, who he hopes to make proud.

“My children keep asking me, ‘When will you be on Spotify?’ I said, ‘It won’t be long’. They just want me to be something. I really want them to hear, see and feel my happiness”

Tod Almond

You can listen to ‘If Only You Could See’ on Spotify and Soundcloud via the links below and make sure to give Tod a follow on social media to keep up to date with what this guitar hero will bring out next.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/todalmondmusic
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/todalmond
Website: https://todalmond.com
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/todalmond/11-start-again-radioedit/s-X7kHmfdkEWA
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/4LmYtGq5ZeOlWWYYwXhObc
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqxnC6nZ9_FX7py0ntJYnA